Those of you who followed the HPU in Alaska 2007 blog from last June know that blogging can be a great way to pass along information, photos, and news of a traveler's adventures while s/he is away.
Unfortunately, I'm less than one week out from departure, and I know little more now than I knew at the time of my first post. The more recent news is that I will be flying into Cairns, Australia, on July 25. Then into Auckland, New Zealand, on July 31. Leaving Auckland the morning of August 7, which is the same morning I leave Sydney for LAX, and yes, it's also the same morning I depart LAX for Greensboro, peppering in 22+ hours of travel time, of course. Isn't flying over the international date line fun?!
After returning to the U.S. I'm hoping to demonstrate unhumanly human strength and fortitude by overcoming jetlag in a mere few hours, so I can roadtrip to TN in time to make my grandmother's 80th birthday party. She'll be turning 80 on 8/8/08. You just can't make up this stuff!
For now, I'm still on a whitewater high after yet another gorgeous weekend on the New River in West Virginia.
<--insert shameless plug for Wildwater Expeditions here-->
www.wvaraft.com
They have been so good for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Correction: Grandmother will be 88 on 8/8/08! Glad you made it. Look forward to posts.
Post a Comment