Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 17-18: Dive Days--The Great Barrier Reef in All its Glory

I have very few words. Just photos...

Stepping off the boat into the water, sporting a spiffy new titanium long-sleeve...


Our superstar instructor Emily from Deep Sea Divers Den...


Giant clam...


Little nemos (clownfish)...

Too bad we didn't get a photo of the moray eel I swam by less than 5 minutes later...

Sebastian and Felix on the live-aboard OceanQuest after 3 very successful training dives...


Kelly getting ready for her last training dive...


Regulator in...


Sebastian in his 2nd favorite pose...


Buddy checks, Felix and Sebastian... Just before our first solo dive as PADI-certified open water divers!!


Andrew, uhhh... ready to go up??


Donna, prepping for the big "heave ho"... With our pal Emily in the background!!


Where's Waldo, the GBR aquatic version...


Sebastian's favorite pose...


Donna...


Andrew...


Damselfish...


Parrotfish...


Angelfish...


Green Sea Turtle #1 in flight...


Green Sea Turtle #2 having "breaky"...


Another parrot?


Boys' Day Out... Donna was saving energy for the night dive, and I was flying less than 24 hours later... They saw a white-tipped reef shark!


Coolness, the remedial version... I'm gonna miss these guys (and Donna, too)! But there's always Egypt next summer??

Good times! Happy days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOWWWW