Today I drove up to Goat Island, which is about an hour north of Auckland. It was a beach unlike anything I had ever seen. It looked like someone had poured quik-rete in the water because parts of the beach were stuck together at least 4-5 feet above the sand, and it was solid. No slippery footing, but lots of "life" still left in the pools. I got some photos of the coastline and poked around at some mussels, snails, and urchin before walking back to the car. I still can't get over how no two beaches look the same. Almost every time I would round a corner, the view would take my breath away. It's that gorgeous. I've been told by other backpackers that the South Island is even more beautiful. Will have to do that on the next trip.
Each night when I get back to the hostel, several people are in the lounge watching movies. I made the mistake of watching this movie with them. Final Destination 3. Very scary. People getting killed, things jumping out of the darkness. I had to stay up and watch a little bit of Ocean's 11 to calm down before going to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment